Farm Facilities and Equipment Manager Job Description
Our mission: Cultivating farmer-led and community-rooted agriculture and food systems to actualize the rights of under-resourced peoples.
Providence Farm Collective (PFC) is a non-profit organization established in 2019 with a vision of empowering just and equitable access to food and farmland! PFC provides underserved communities and individuals in Western New York with land to farm; business and farming education; affordable fresh produce; a place to share cultural farming traditions and the social, emotional and health benefits of nature. For more information on PFC visit ProvidenceFarmCollective.org.
Farm Facilities and Equipment Manager will be onboarded and supervised by the Farm Manager and Executive Director. This position will be involved in nearly all aspects of farm operations, as needed, including:
Maintain PFC’s Infrastructure and Buildings:
- Responsible for the maintenance, care, repair, and efficient operation of facilities
- Perform regular inspection and maintenance of facilities
- Maintain an organized and clean workspace and workshop
- Assist team in ensuring facilities and equipment are ready for regular business and special events
Maintain PFC’s Tools and Equipment:
- Responsible for the maintenance, care, repair, storage, and efficient operation of all farm equipment, including irrigation, walk-behind tractor, UTVs, tractor & implements
- Coordinate with Farm Manager in ordering and organizing tools, supplies, and equipment
- Perform regular inspection and maintenance of equipment and tools
Perform general farm tasks:
- Operate equipment such as tractor & various implements, walk-behind tractors, utility vehicles, and irrigation system
- Lead in the development and oversight of infrastructure construction and maintenance including fencing, barns, sheds, walk-in cooler, etc., as needed
- Assist Farm Manager and farm crew with field preparation, irrigating, and cover cropping as needed
- Coordinate with Farm Manager on the scheduling of equipment use
- Coordination of land preparation, grounds maintenance, and equipment and facilities repairs and upgrades with the Farm Manager and Executive Director
- Plans with Farm Team for new purchases of equipment and updates
- Follow facilities budget with oversight of Farm Director and Director of Development
- Maintain files of warranties, records, licenses, inspections, service agreements, and contractors for all equipment
- Maintain inventory of equipment
- Maintain compost operation to follow best practices and legal standards
- Coordinate with partners on delivery of compostable products
- Farming and agriculture experience
- Proficient in operating tractors and implements
- Carpentry and construction skills
- Small engine repair skills
- Knowledgeable in facilities management
- Ability to maintain records and understand written directions in manuals and on websites
- Ability to use Google Drive as required to maintain records and data
- Hard working, efficient, and positive
- Excellent communicator
- Self-directed, reliable, and responsible
- Ability to work under the supervision of the Farm Manager and Farm Director, as well as with others
- Ability to bend and lift 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation
Term and Hours:
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Application and Interview:
Providence Farm Collective is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community; we consider applicants for employment without regard to, and do not discriminate based on, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Qualified farmers and individuals from the communities farming at PFC will be given priority consideration for the position.
To apply please send a resume and a brief introductory note to email@example.com. We will contact qualified applicants to arrange an interview.
Base salary is $43,000.00. Benefits include 30 days PTO, 7 paid holidays, and health insurance options.