In 2021, more than 275 farmer-changemakers grew and harvested more than 90,000 pounds of produce on 14 acres. This produce was sold or donated to their families, their communities, and other Western New Yorkers impacted by food insecurity. More than 6,000 individual beneficiaries residing in USDA food deserts in Erie and Niagara Counties accessed the produce.
Through farming at PFC, farmers:
- build fresh food and economic security within their communities,
- grow culturally relevant crops key to food traditions,
- connect to agricultural heritage,
- enjoy the outdoors,
- and reap the physical and mental health benefits the farm provides.
Meet our 2023 Community Organizations
- Somali Bantu Community Organization
- Congolese Babondo Buffalo
- Liberian Association of Buffalo
- Burundi Community of Our Lady of Hope
- Karenni Community of Our Lady of Hope
- Buffalo Myanmar Indigenous Christian Fellowship
- Buffalo Go Green/Urban Fruits & Veggies
- Ethiopian Agriculture Group