Our mission: Cultivating farmer-led and community-rooted agriculture and food systems to actualize the rights of under-resourced peoples.
Providence Farm Collective (PFC) is a non-profit organization established in 2019 with a vision of empowering just and equitable access to food and farmland! PFC provides underserved communities and individuals in Western New York with land to farm; business and farming education; affordable fresh produce; a place to share cultural farming traditions and the social, emotional and health benefits of nature. For more information on PFC visit: ProvidenceFarmCollective.org.
PFC is currently seeking seasonal farm crew members to assist with PFC operations. Farm crew will be trained and supervised by the Farm Manager. Crew will be involved in many aspects of farm operations including:
PFC’s Demonstration Plot:
- Maintain PFC’s demonstration plot through field preparation, seeding, transplanting, weeding, pest management, disease management, irrigating, harvesting with support and training from Farm Manager
- Utilize best practices for small-scale, diversified, organic production as taught by PFC
- Prepare for market including washing, bunching, and packing produce and flowers
Assist with general farm tasks:
- Operate equipment such as walk-behind tractors, utility vehicles, and irrigation system
- Assist with infrastructure construction and maintenance including fencing, barns, walk-in cooler, etc., as needed
- Assist with other farm tasks as needed such as cleaning and organizing
Provide Assistance to PFC Farmers:
- Provide support to PFC farmers by assisting with irrigation and bed preparation
- Provide translation and interpretation services, as able and when applicable
- Assist in communicating PFC’s expectations to farmers and assist farmers in meeting these expectations
- At least three seasons of farming experience (in the US or abroad)
- Self motivated and works well independently
- Hard working, efficient, and positive
- Excellent communicator
- Reliable and responsible
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Ability to bend and lift 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation
- Basic English communication skills
- Fluent in additional language spoken by PFC’s farmers recommended but not required
Term and Hours:
This is a seasonal position beginning in early May and ending in late October. Applicants able to work 20 – 40 hours per week will be considered. Work schedule is flexible but candidates able to work on weekends are preferred.
Application and Interview:
To apply please send a resume and a brief introductory note to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have a resume please send us responses to the following questions:
- What is your experience working in agriculture in the U.S. and abroad? Please list any agricultural experience including: job title, location, years, and responsibilities.
- Why do you want to work at Providence Farm Collective?
- What other job experience do you have? Please list: employer, job title, job activities, years of employment.
We will contact qualified applicants to arrange an interview.
$17.00 per hour.
www.ProvidenceFarmCollective.org ∙ 716-473-9338 ∙ email@example.com